Malika Yoga is a wealth yoga, and its name in Sanskrit literally translates as “Garland”. The reason is that when the seven planets involved in the formation of this yoga are arranged in adjacent houses in a horoscope, they form a chain, hence the term “garland”.
And for this yoga to arise, all the seven planets (except Rahu and Ketu) have to occupy the seven houses consecutively. That way the appropriate Malika yoga is formed.
There are 12 yogas in all, each one has a separate effect that it has on its natives and they are listed below:
- 1st house: Lagna Malika – The native will be wealthy and live a king-like life.
- 2nd house: Dhana Malika – Natives may lack sympathy, but will be firm and dutiful.
- 3rd house: Vikrama Malika – The Native will be rich and inspire loyalty from those around him, however, he may be sickly.
- 4th house: Sukha Malika – Here the natives will be charitable and wealthy.
- 5th house: Putra Malika – Fame and highly religious.
- 6th house: Satru Malika – Here the natives will have malefic results, they will be poor and greedy.
- 7th house: Kaletra Malika – Influential and famous natives.
- 8th house: Randhra Malika – Here the natives will suffer malefic results, they will be poor and lack support from relatives, even their own spouses will be critical of them.
- 9th house: Bhagya Malika – Natives will have a good heart, and be born into wealth. They will also be religious.
- 10th house: Karma Malika – Natives are virtuous and this earns them respect amongst their circle.
- 11th house: Labha Malika – Natives are skillful and blessed with lovely andn supportive spouses.
- 12th house: Vraya Malika – Highly respected due to their liberal nature.
- All 7 houses have to occupy the first seven houses from Lagna in a straight line without any interruption
- Rahu and Ketu are not to be considered
This yoga is great in all houses apart from dushamsthana houses where it produces bad results.
Comment and other details
This yoga is hard to form because of the requirement of one planet to a house, however, it is not impossible. Given the right combinations, depending on which of the yogas are found in your horoscope, the results are basically wealth and any other benefic effect.