Dur yoga arises if the lord of the 10th house is situated in the 6th, 8th, or 12th house. The 6th, 8th, and 12th houses are known in astrology to bring bad results for natives. Thus Dur Yoga is a malefic yoga.
Natives of Dur yoga will suffer the following effects:
– They will earn their livelihood by manual labor.
– Natives will have difficulty in their careers
– They will be looked down on by others.
– They will be highly selfish and deceptive.
– They will live in foreign places.
For Dur yoga to be formed, the lord of the 10th house must be placed in the 6th, 8th, or 12th house.
– The placement of Bhagyadhipati 9th lord and the presence of raja yogas and other good yogas can change quite a few things.
– If the 10th lord is malefic and is situated in a dusthana, natives will enjoy benefic results as well.
– If the planets that form this yoga receive good aspects, then the malefic results will be reduced.
Comment and Details
Although the 10th house lord is benefic on his own, when in Dusthanas he loses strength and natives get negative effects in their horoscopes. Of all the combinations for this yoga, the 12th house is the least malefic, so natives whose Dur yoga arises with the 10th house lord in the 12th house have lesser malefic results. In that case, whilst experiencing hardship and labor, it will at least bless natives with a certain amount of respect in society.