William Shakespeare rightly said, “Women speak two languages—one of which is verbal”. The other is indeed a mystery! Women will not always spell it out for you. You have to read her emotions. Knowing what’s inside her head can be mind boggling. “What on earth she wants” is a common utterance of men across the world. You may scream, “Why doesn’t she just tell what she wants”. Well! She’s a women and she’s like that!
What women want remains a subject of curiosity and secrecy. Poets, writer, psychologists and relationship experts have tried to comprehend her psyche. Although it’s not a complete clandestine issue as modern women do talk a lot about their feelings and emotional aspirations. The idea is to know and address her needs. They could be physical, sexual, emotional or romantic. She needs love, affection, care and a lot many things. Perhaps a book might not suffice but we have tabulated certain thumb rules here. These are few things that might help you make her happy!
- Treat her like a woman
You may be dating the Senior Manager of a financial securities firm or a scientist. She’s a woman and you have to remember that. Never let her status or professional credentials affect the basics of dating and marriage. They all expect ladylike treatments. Pulling the chair for her, offering your hand and chivalric gestures will make her drool over you. All women like diamonds, gifts, flowers and surprises irrespective of who they are. A professor at college likes roses on Valentine’s Day!
- Compliment Her
A woman is conscious of her body and looks. Compliment her. Compliment her over and over again. A generic “You look nice” may not help. You can put it across like, “Your eye lashes are awesome today” or “I like the way you color your nails”. This will highlight your interest in her and how attentive you’re to the details of her personality. If she does something for you, acknowledge her efforts. This will further exhibit that you like and admire her. Appreciate her work and efforts. It’s amazing if you could tell her how well she cooks. Compliments make women happy and if you do it repeatedly, it will do wonders to your relationship. Do not take it for granted if you have been in a relationship for long. Say it each time even it’s been 10 years together. If want to see her eyes shine, just say, “You look slimmer, have you lost weight”.
- Keep her happy in Bed
Men often seem puzzled over what women want in bed. It is simpler and easier than you think. Ideally, fore play is the elixir for women. Indulge in romantic talks and create a mood for her. Read her emotions and take cues of what she expects. Women often like talking during love making. Tell her how soft her skin feels or beautiful her body is. Kissing, caressing and lying hand in hand is highly desirable for women. Be gentle and affectionate. Passion is integral to your sex life. Be soft but do show your yearning and vigor for her. You might have to make some effort to reach orgasm at the same time. Try to communicate your thoughts about what you want. This will be mutually satisfactory for both. Ask her if she feels good about the whole love making experience. Satisfying them is not difficult if you know how to read her moods. Sex isn’t rocket science. Right?
- Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus
An old adage but eternally true. Men need to understand this gender differences and be sensitive to them. Often the lack of gender sensitivity ruins the relationship. At certain times, you would find yourself totally freaky about things she does. Do not bother about why she cries or why she keeps calling again and again. Women are expressive and tears are natural for them. They like to talk about issues and sort them. Women hate it when you evade important discussions. By nature they spend time on things they like. Do not be irritated if she talks a couple of hours at the shopping mall matching a hair band to her dress. This is a womanly thing. They spend more time on certain things like buying shoes or selecting a dress. As men, your interests are quite different. Know the fact that she may not be interested in the new gadget and its configuration. Once you grab the idea of gender differences, you can figure out things she likes and dislikes. If they say, “I am okay”. It just means nothing is okay!
- Patch Up first
You might not realize the importance of patching up first. But it will take you notches higher in her good books. You instantly become the dream boy for any girl if you initiate with the ‘sorry’. Women value and reward efforts you make. If you are the one who begins the dispute settling endeavor, you will make her truly happy. Tell her that you did not mean to hurt her. Explain the reasons and it will all be fine. If you procrastinate this task, it could get worse. Negotiation could be a simple sorry, a dialogue or pacifying her with flowers. Try them all and see what works best for you. Don’t forget, saying sorry is easier than handling an angry woman.
Ah! Romance is different from sex. At least for women it’s an altogether different entity. Remember all romantic gestures do not end in bed. It’s an act that demonstrates your affection for her. Plan and do things that show your love for her. Send her lovely messages and cards. Plan a candle light dinner and see how her eyes sparkle. Surprises add an extra dimension to romance. Send her flowers in the office and make an unexpected call just to say, “I love you”. Romance isn’t about big things. It’s just small gestures that make a big difference to women. Romance is the elixir for life. At least for women. Believe it or not, the fairytale romance is real for her. Try and see it yourself. Candles, wine and roses is a unfaultable formula that works every time.
- Respect her
It sounds easier but is a deep issue. Many a time relationships are ruined for lack of respect. Respect means you respect her individuality, her opinions, her family and friends. You should never mock at her or demean her. Give due regard to her decisions and choices. Treat her politely and respectfully. Shouting, name calling or abusive behavior could be devastating for any relationship. Even if you feel angry over something, try to explain her in a soft tone. Remember, that respect is mutual and binds any relation. The biggest mistake of your life could be criticizing her in public. Better be prudent than to regret. If you give respect to a lady, it will make your bond stronger and healthier.
- Communicate Verbally
This is one area that men find difficult to manage. You may think, “She knows that I love her”. Right but she also wants you to tell her the same. Women expect and appreciate verbal communication. They like talking about feelings and listen to yours as well. If she is upset, pacify her by talking. If there has been a quarrel, talk it over. Once you start verbal communication, the relationship will become better and happier. Saying what’s in your head with simplify things for both of you.
- Make her Laugh
Humor adds fun and spice to life. Moments you spend together should be light hearted and memorable. Joking and making her laugh is a key ingredient to make her happy. Girls enjoy the company of men who laugh and make them laugh. Seldom women like stern and grave natured men. Humor does not mean you lose your intellectual sense or become comical all the time. It just means that you have to be entertaining and pleasurable. Remember, women like humor not jokers.
- Do Things together
Being in a relationship is about spending time together. Women adore men who become a part of their lives. Try to accompany her in her activities. Offer help for laundry or cleaning the house. Go shopping together or join her for a dental checkup. Togetherness nourishes relationships. If you stick to your personal routines and do not find common stuff, she will not be happy. Take interest in her routine and initiate to share things with her. This would not just nurture love but let you spend time together.
Trying to make her happy not just satisfies her, but makes life blissful and content for both of you. You will feel better about contributing positively to the relationship. It’s not difficult and simpler than you think it is. Be tender, loving and attentive and it will all happen in a jiffy. She is an individual like you, but a little different!
They are the words every single woman wants to hear while in a relationship. “My girlfriend is the COOLEST woman.” But what makes you that woman? Perhaps its best if you know what guys really don’t like in a relationship to better understand what they do like. Dating can be so confusing and frustrating. In this era of online dating, social media, and the ways in which we all communicate electronically it is easy to get lost in the mix of millions of faces that put themselves out there. However, a few simple ideas can make you stand out above the crowd and appeal to that good guy that you want attention from.
To understand the don’ts you have to understand the basic mind of a man. Let’s face it men are simpler creatures than your average woman. They aren’t involved in the emotional nuances of Orange is the New Black and are never going to be. To really understand a man, think about them as the simple cave men that they really are. They are biologically predisposed to want simple creature comforts. At the root of their being they want to club you, drag you off to their cave, have their way with you, roll over and fall asleep. So knowing that, you should be able to see how this simple list of don’ts might apply.
1) Don’t get overly territorial. Let’s face it, women are territorial beings. Ever room with another woman? If you have you’ve felt the clash over whose stuff goes where and which areas of the apartment are common ground. Women like their own nest. They like to claim their ground. A friend of mine who has been dating this guy for a few months just recently told me that she lost him. She thought everything was going well. When I asked her why, she said he was upset that she had started leaving her things at his place. Hair brush in the bathroom, panties in the closet. She thought it was a cute little joke, but he wasn’t amused. Men like their own space and they see through your need to claim it as part of your territory. Let him have his cave.
2) Don’t smother him. They roamed free as cave men and didn’t have women telling them what to do, what to wear, who they could and could not talk to then. They probably haven’t changed on that much even now. Don’t be insecure. That friend (who happens to be a girl he has known since high school) has to go or you are gone? She is probably the one giving him girl advice about you, and she’s been around a lot longer so he is probably going to listen to her whether you’re the one he is intimate with or not. He doesn’t want you in his closet, deciding what you think he looks best in. And if he needs guy time, he isn’t choosing the guys over you, he just needs time to do what men do. They watch football with other guys, they get rowdy and push each other around, they spill beer on that shirt you hate so much and they probably high five the ones with the loudest farts. It’s what men do. It’ll never change.
3) Don’t give him an ultimatum. If there is one thing a guy hates it’s when a girl tells him “You either do this, or I am gone.” Basically at this point you have pushed him into a choice between listening to one girl and changing his whole life to suit her or keeping things the way they are and dumping you. Men are creatures of habit. You’re probably not going to change him. Everyone wants their own freedom so you have already made the decision for him. This isn’t to say that if he is doing something unhealthy for both himself and the relationship that you can’t speak up and make it known you aren’t going to put up with it, but if you are asking him to choose between you and poker night with the boys, you are probably going to find yourself alone on the couch watching lifetime movies and drinking wine.
4) Don’t cause drama. Guys are not big fans. If you are a high maintenance type that complains every time you dine out that everything isn’t up to your standards then it’s going to get old fast. Guys like to keep things drama free. There is nothing more embarrassing to a man than being out with the guys and their girlfriends when his lady is the one who starts a scene, especially when it is about petty issues about the other girls in the group even if there is something you really don’t like. Voicing your opinion on something that should be addressed is one thing, but the constant nagging and complaining is probably not going to get you anywhere but out the door of his life. If you have a problem with someone save it for a private moment between you and him and talk about it in a casual matter of fact way. It makes you the better woman, and makes you look more attractive and mature to him.
Now for the Do’s!
1) Be his friend. Don’t just think of yourself as his mate. Get to know him. Know what teams he likes in sports. What kind of music is he into? What makes him happy besides you? Do a little research about him. Keeping up with conversation amongst the guys about guy things is quite attractive. I’m not saying you need to start smoking cigars and slapping each other on the ass when football is on but a man wants a woman he can talk to, relate to and look forward to being with. He wants a common ground. You’re going to end up being the awesome girlfriend when you are out with him and his friends if you know the low down on the latest football game or why his team trading that player is a bad idea. It’ll gain his friends respect and guys want a girl who fits in with their bros.
2) Support his choices. Behind every great man is an even greater woman. If you’re long term goal is to really build a relationship with this guy and eventually have a family, your support is what is going to propel him forward. You want him to be the best at what he does, make it easier for him. He may not always give you the thanks and recognition you want, but when the checks start betting bigger and things start getting a little easier you will see that your hard work has paid off.
3) Look good for him. Let’s face it; there is a sea of available women in the world. If your man is a good one then many other women are out there in the world vying for his attention. Simple little things will keep his eye in your direction. Find out what he likes. Maybe it’s pretty nails. Maybe he is a no make-up kind of guy. Perhaps he has a thing for a lady in tall boots and a skirt. Once you know what his type is and what catches his eye dress for success in your relationship. But how do you know what his type is? That brings us to the next point.
4) Check out other women with him. WHAT?!?!? I know it sounds ludicrous, but remember that at his core he is a caveman. Sure every woman wants to feel like she is the only woman that her man has eyes for but in reality he is a man and men look. Let’s face it here ladies, when you aren’t around he is most likely turning his head to check out the bums of women as they pass by. So, join him. You don’t have to check them out with the same mindset a man has, so maybe you can get new clothing ideas, hair styles, find out what he likes. Checking out those women with him is a great way to put yourself one step above the others. It shows you have confidence in yourself. That you aren’t threatened by the beauty of other women. Men like a woman with no insecurity issues. Insecurity is the bane of every relationship. On top of that, you’re going to learn what it is he likes about those other girls in the process and keep his eyes coming back to you. Embrace his inner caveman and work with it. In the long run it will be good for you, and hey… he won’t be able to say anything to you when a Channing Tatum look alike catches your eye.
5) Finally, FEED YOUR BEAST. The little Stone Age lover in him wants to be fed. Ever hear the age old term that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? He is all about the creature comforts. On top of that there is a little psychology behind this one. Most men fall for the woman just like dear old mom. Find out what mom used to cook for him as a boy. Deep within his psyche he is preprogrammed to fall for such things. If his mom baked him chocolate chip cookies the mere smell of the tasty treats in your oven is going to appeal to that little boy deep inside him. Men are simple creatures and although it seems far-fetched, a cookie can be the thing that wins his heart.
With these simple dos and don’ts in mind you are sure to be able to land the man of your dreams. Remember that guys want an easy going, laid back woman who can be both an elegant lady, and a buddy who he can watch the game with. Be confident in yourself. Don’t let insecurities or jealousies cloud your relationship. Be his friend as well as his mate.
Love is a journey to be cherished, enjoyed and lived for a lifetime. It is said that when you are in love, you have found luck. You feel like doing several things at times, and feel like just sitting idle thinking about your partner, for hours and hours. Love has its own aroma, never ending horizons, unending passion and fathomless strength. It is a joyful and refreshing experience to be in love. Love brings you happiness! Love brings you peace! Love brings together two hearts! While you are onto it, here is a list of 25 things to do when you are in love, at least once in your lifetime.
- Watch the Sunset Together – If you have always dreamt of doing it, go ahead and do it! A beautiful red sun going down the horizon, reflecting lustre across both your faces is truly outstanding. Watching the sunset with your partner’s hand in your hand, is a sweet memory that you will cherish forever.
- Talking in whispers – Well if you thought that it would be fun to whisper and talk to your love, you are not just right, but you are also very creative. You are about to discover a heart to heart talk with this activity!
- Take up Cooking – How about a special breakfast for prepared by you for and your partner for each other one on the coming Sunday morning. Sounds a too good idea to miss, isn’t it! It definitely is, go ahead and tell them about it!
- Enjoy the Rains – Rains always fall for two loving souls! Hold the hand of your ne true love, walk out there in the rain and experience sheer bliss. This is an unforgettable experience, which you will forever think about, whenever it rains!
- Just Holding Hands – Sit across on a table, look each other in the eye, and hold hands. This feeling will take you completely out of the world! You are bound to experience butterflies in the stomach, and a melting smile on your partner’s lips!
- Gifting Each Other – Although it sounds to be a common day activity, giving gifts to your love is considered to be one of the most special things in a relationship. Relish on the thought of receiving more and more love from them, in the form of priceless presents.
- Picking a Flower – Imagine you start-off in the morning for your office and on the way you spot a pretty flower along the way. Pluck it (with prior permission if required!), and take it for your love, and see how you make their day instantly. You would be lucky to have your own garden, so that you can do this more often!
- Wearing Favourite Perfumes – It is a minute’s job to find out and know which perfume or cologne your partner likes. Whether it is musk or fruits, wear it every time you both are together and make them feel special about themselves.
- Beach Walk – There is nothing better than taking a long walk on the beach with your partner. Especially during the night when everything is silent and the only sound you hear is of the travelling waves. Holding each other’s hands, you both can enjoy the silver white moonlight shining down on you.
- Poetry Writing – Every couple must do this one thing at least once in their lifetimes. Write poetry for your one love, express what you feel about them and show them your love. Poetry is a very creative thing and an opportunity for you to touch your lover’s heart forever!
- Hugging is Special – Your partner is always looking forward to a hug. It is a soothing and compassionate expression of love towards your partner, which is compulsory to do every particular day. Hugs are rightly considered to be one of the few universal medicines!
- Saying ‘I Love You’ – There is no point in saying those three magic words (as we call them) again and again without meaning them one bit. Instead, you should say I love you only when you mean it and are saying it from the heart. Give way to love, more in actions than in words!
- Spending time with each other – The key to successful and long lasting relationships is understanding each other well enough. You should take time out for your partner, hangout more often and build an unbreakable trust between yourselves. Show them how genuinely value spending time with them. You can very well go for movies, coffee dates and long walks.
- Looking into each other’s eyes – Yes you guessed it correctly. Looking into your partner’s eyes is heavenly and divine. You not only see your own self in your partner’s eye, but you also connect straight from the heart. Make them feel relaxed, loved and show them how important they are for you, at every point of your life.
- A Kiss is the reflection of your love – “You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss” Sitting on the couch, push up your chin lightly, look into each other’s eyes, confess your love and join your lips in a charming kiss, which you shall remember as precious gold all through the life. Such moments are rare and experiencing a kiss that unites two hearts and souls is divine indeed!
- Sing for your love – Singing is a pleasure and more so when you do that for one person whom you love the most in this world. Randomly, just out of nowhere, start singing your love’s favourite song and see them cry in joy at the end of it. You may also do a medley of all their favourites one after the other!
- Love Notes and Letters – With the evolution of technology, you may feel that written messages have lost their relevance. But not yet; the relevance of writing love notes and love letters has become more prominent. When they are not looking, just write something cute and slip in a note in their pocket. Amaze your partners with such various ways of showing your love.
- Dinner Dates – You should often go out for dates with your partner. The best way to keep up the spirit and charm of your relationships is going for dinner dates with your love. Find newer places every time to enjoy varieties of ambiance and make every date special with pre-decided dressing themes. Remember to kiss your love good night when sleeping. Also tell them that you will meet up in their dreams!
- Sleep on your partner’s lap – Perhaps there is no better feeling that sleeping in the laps of your partner. You are in for a soothing and pleasant time, when your partner shows how much he loves you, pats your cheeks sweetly and softly kisses your forehead.
- Go for parties together – It is a great sight to see couples attending parties together. Take your love to your friends’ birthday parties, get together and wedding banquets. Make them feel how important they are. Make them feel that they are an integral part of your social circles. A good start to this practice is spending time with his / her friends.
- Dancing together – When two people love each other, they naturally feel like dancing with one another. Imagine dancing to the tunes of your most loved numbers – salsa, tango, hip-hop and what not! Alternatively, take your partner to a dance pub for few rounds of fun and frolic.
- Calling and messaging – It is indeed very sweet to find an excuse to call your love, message them, or WhatsApp them every 5 to 10 minutes. You can do a lot on your mobile phone – praise them, tease them, show your love, sing for them, write rhyming lines, send great love quotes. Call them as and when you think of them, call them just to wish ‘Good Evening’, call them just to say that ‘I love you’!
- True Love – Stand up for them when someone speaks poorly of them. Back them up when they are right in their thinking at all times. Also, offer them your frank suggestions and feedbacks if you do not agree with them at some point.
- Be Gentle – Being gentle is the most important part of your love. You cannot take your partner for granted in any case. Showing respect to each other is vital, and so is caring for one another. Make sacrifices for each other too!
- Giving the right amount of space – Couples sometimes overdo or under do the concept of giving space to their partners. You have to gauge and decide how much space your partner requires, based on your understanding.
Do these 25 things and see cherish the so many priceless moments of your love life!
A survey conducted has revealed that love becomes more meaningful when the couple is aware of the smaller intricacies about each other. Imagine how it would be to know few things about your partner, like a peculiar habit they have, their largest fantasy, or maybe their favourite mood-changing beverage. You may find some of these things unimportant, but rest assured that you are wrong here! For a man, ‘knowing any woman completely is completely out of question’, but certainly there are 13 Things That Every Man Should Know about His Partner…
- Her choice of beverages – Unlike men, women have a distinct sense of taste when it comes to beverages. They have several different variations, depending on their mood, the weather, and the company around. As a good boyfriend / husband, you should definitely know which is her most preferred beverage at any point of time…whether it is a large mug of lemon green tea, a simple cappuccino, a can of diet coke or something totally different. On one of those days when she is stressed out and exerted, make her what she likes, and see the happiness on her face.
- Her likes and dislikes in food – You must be dining out with her, taking her for lunch dates and breakfast Sundays. By now, you must have already analyzed what cuisine she prefers to have on a normal working day, what is her idea of a special meal once in a while and what is her most loved dessert after lunch. Cook all her favourite dishes and you can very well take her by surprise!
- Her preferences for music – Being a responsible husband / partner, it is certainly a critical point to know what her preferred style of music is. Does she like soothing country music or rock and roll tunes of the 80s, or perhaps even the all time hit rock / pop singles of the day? You can prepare a handsome playlist of all her favourites, load them up in a flash drive and surprise her by putting them up on your car’s stereo the next time you drive her around. Alternatively, you can even create a good CD with your personalized voiceover and commentary, making it a special gift that she will cherish for life.
- Her favourite movies and stars – It is a very good idea to take your partner out for a movie at the Friday Box Office. You love her the most and while you do that, keep track of her favourite film actors and stars. Collect all her all time favourite movies in one CD / Flash Drive and give them to her as a random gift. Both of you can spend the entire weekend enjoying this collection at home – the perfect idea of a happening weekend! Together you can relate to all those romantic scenes, enjoy them to the fullest in each other’s arms!
- Her favourite book of all time – Books can play an integral role in your relationship and can take it to entire new level altogether. Begin this as an experiment with your partner. Give her one of your favourite books to read, while you take one of her favourites. The process will result in mutual discussions about the plot, storyline, characters, themes and personal insights, which will be indeed very interesting. If you like the concept, you can do this with a set of same genre books to see how your discussions unfurl.
- Her favourite scents – Whenever you go to the mall next time around, just take her to a candle store or even a home decor outlet. Find out which aromas is she crazy about all the while. It has been proven through various surveys that most of the women love vanilla, fruits, spice, and musk fragrances. Once you are aware of this particular fact, you can purchase a similar flavoured deodorant or perfume. Let her indulge in her favourite aroma, with your arms wrapped around her.
- Her close to the heart designers / brands – Women and fashion are two inseparable entities and you for sure have to know about her favourite designers and brands. Knowing her fashion taste is simply one of the best opportunities for you to buy her gifts that she will love. If you do not know this, a good time to approach her and find out is over tea or coffee. Strike a general conversation about how the fashion industry is evolving since the last century and ask her for personal opinions about it. In time, take cues about what she likes and prefers in clothing, eyewear, accessories and more. Remember that this info will always come in handy for you, regardless of her age or yours!
- Her home interior preferences – Designing your home interiors, with your love as its biggest influence can be an exciting affair for sure. Well, for one, women do have a great sense of style. And two, through your ideas, creative concepts and discussions, you can yourself decide which home decor style to adopt – Mediterranean, Asian, Modern American etc. Make a beautiful home together, complete with all her and all your favourite design elements, and that much required personalized touch. Start today and get it done by your upcoming anniversary!
- Her idea of the Wedding – Let us consider that you have been in a relationship since long and are planning to get married. You must know what her idea of your wedding is! Does she want a destination holiday wedding or a city-style ceremony with only a close-knit group invited, or something else? If you are unaware of all these things, you need to buckle up and find them out now. Ask her about a dream wedding that she has fantasized since childhood. Also, ask her what her preferences on inviting guests are. When you know these two things, you have a fair bit of information on how to plan the wedding.
- Her Birthday and Christmas Wish List – It so happens that your girlfriend does not drop down a single hint about what she is expecting as a birthday gift or Christmas present this year. You can try engaging her in a cordial conversation about her recent window shopping experiences. She might give you a cue by telling you about one of her recent visits to the stores where she must have seen an amazing handbag, pair of designer shoes or a beautiful jewelry set. Get it for her, give her a surprise and just see how happy she is with your sense of understanding!
- Her Vacation Destination Check List – This is one of those things that you will get to know only when you plan to spending some couple time together, away from the city you live in. Dedicate all your annual vacations, quarterly holidays and long weekend offs to destinations of her choice. Ask her what she prefers – the warmer tropics, exotic beaches, lush green fields, waterfalls, historical cities etc. You should naturally take her to all those dream locations where she wants to go!
- Her To-Do Adventures List – You must know whether she is a keen adventure enthusiast. Just ask her one fine day if she would like to go for some adventure sport on the coming weekend, and you will get to know exactly what she thinks about it. In case she is not so much interested, you can drop off the plan and take her for a simple road trip. However, if, she does show some interest, you can explore river rafting, bungee jumping, seaboard surfing, mountain cycling and so many other adventurous things.
- Her Mood Improvement Therapy – Your girl is bound to have a bad day at work regardless of whether you try to keep everything perfect for her. In this case, you need to know exactly how you can cheer her up! Watching her sad face after coming from work, with lot of silence and maybe tears as well is something that you would hate. Take her in confidence and ask her what she needs right at that moment. Hold her close to you, make her feel warm, make her feel loved. A glass of red wine is in order!
Perhaps, you should know many more interesting and essential things about the love of your life. Taking good care, showering love and creating happiness are drivers for a successful and long lasting relationship!