The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra (महामृत्युंजय मंत्र), also called the Tryambakam Mantra, is a mantra from Rigveda known to give knowledge of the Self including omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence.
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra meaning great death conquering mantra slowly and gradually removes traces of ignorance which often brings about suffering of various kinds, illness, fear, accidents and death itself. Self realization brings an awareness that body and mind itself are temporary and transitory in nature, but Self is never born and never dies.
Some easily observable effects of this mantra meditation are stillness and a calm mind, peace, joy and love. A person who meditates regularly on this mantra receives grace of Lord Shiva and remains established as a silent witness of ALL THAT IS.
Astrological importance of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra:
This mantra should be recited when a person is going through a tough and challenging phase. Additionally it’s help can be sought to get some relief from following issues:
- Difficult periods indicated in a person’s birth chart including:
- Dashas and antadashas of death inflicting planets(marak periods) and functionally malefic planets.
- Difficult transits of Rahu, Ketu or Saturn especially over Luminaries, that is, natal Sun and Moon.
- When transiting Jupiter moves through one’s 8th House.
- Weak and inauspicious Moon as indicated in one’s birth chart.
- Incurable diseases, health problems, fear, anxiety and low state of confidence and self-esteem.
- Financial losses, conflicts and poor economic condition.
- Natural disasters or when one’s country/state is in a state of turmoil and distress.
- Spiritual progress and grace of Lord Shiva.
Many astrological classics including Bṛhat Parāśara Horāśāstra have mentioned use of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra to obtain peace and relief in difficult situations. Famous Indian astrologer Shri K.N. Rao has provided many instances of successful results obtained through this mantra. See these astrological cases here, here and here.
Author of this article has also witnessed the power of this mantra at various occasions including:
- Quick health recovery of an aged person. The person was hospitalized and his body weight fall down quickly by more than 15kgs. An astrologer advised recitation of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra. After successful completion of the astrological remedy, the person quickly recovered and is enjoying a healthy life still today.
- A person suffering with a major depression problem started reciting this mantra and worship of Lord Shiva, soon he recovered and there is much positivity around him. He has now become a devotee of Lord Shiva.
Have you obtained successful results from use of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra? Please share them with all of us.
At the end of this article, I would to thank and express my gratitude to Lord Shiva, Maharishi Vashishta and all rishi, masters and knowledgeable people for their contribution towards betterment and growth of all living beings.