Gaja Kesari Yoga is one of the most popular yogas because of its efficacy, and because it represents the personalities of two of the strongest animals on earth – the Lion and the elephant. However, it has rules which guide its application. The following of these rules will determine the strength of the results that you get from the Gaja Kesari Yoga.
These are the standard rules that guide the practice of Gaja Kesari Yoga:
- The Moon should not be present in the 6th, 8th & 12th house of the individual
- In navamsha, Planets Moon & Jupiter should not fall in signs that are present in the 6th, 8th & 12th house in the main natal birth chart.
- Jupiter should be in a kendra/quadrant with the moon. (in the 1st, 4th, 7th or 10th house).
- The moon should be at least 4 houses away from Sun.
- Moon should not be in Scorpio because it becomes very unstable there.
- The best results will come if Jupiter or Moon is in Pushkar Navamsa or Bhaga.
Sometimes, even the best rules have exceptions, and the same follows for Gaja kesari Yoga.
There is one exception which is in regards to Jupiter for Cancer/Taurus Ascendants. For them, the moon (which is the other planet participant in this yoga) owns the lagna or gets exalted in lagna.
For these two lagnas this yoga is extremely beneficial without any extra effort because the moon is working naturally with Jupiter in lagna, but for other ascendants, this yoga gives ordinary results.
Comments and other details
Two out of every three people have this yoga, hence its popularity. And this yoga gives comfort, a charming and influential personality, high societal status, high intellectual prowess etc.
You will notice that the qualities of this yoga tally with those of the two animals that it is related to (The lion and the elephant). But due to the presence of Jupiter and the moon, there can be some instability which will result in bad effects as well.